Chef Ying's Sushi


Today, Chef Ying created an excellent meal fusing Japanese, Korean and Thai cuisines. From the Japanese side of things, she made some sushi. This was easily the best sushi I've eaten in the last while. Actually, I think it's the first time we eat sushi since we've come up to Chiang Mai. A few weeks ago when she had asked to buy some Japanese rice, I was unsure. However, after this meal I'm certain it was worth it. She had also made some kimchi recently, following a Korean recipe. We had already eaten the kimchi on several occasions but the kimchi had really pickled well by today. It was at its most delicious. The kimchi complimented the plate of liver and little hearts she cooked up. We also had some seaweed salad as yet another side. 

I was making some music when she brought a plate to show me what she had been up to. 

I was very happy about what I saw.

I lost it as the aroma from the sushi got to me.

Here, the seaweed salad and kimchi sit side by side, waiting to be eaten by a couple of hungry humans.

"Why are the humans taking photos? Just eat us already!" The plate of liver and hearts was calling out to us.

She's such an industrious chef. She made a box of sushi for tomorrow morning as well.

Making the sushi has a lot of steps, including soft boiling the shrimp.

The carrots need to be soft boiled as well.

Seaweed is a very nutritious and wholesome ingredient to add to the mix.

Rollin!

Sushi Döner

A close-up on the liver and chicken hearts shows the sesame grill seasoning.


Comments

Popular Posts