5 Years in Thailand: An Early End

 


After Part 1 and Part 2 - and a never uploaded Part 3 - the 5 Years in Thailand video series has come to an early end. I had initially planned to do as many videos as I could all year. This also meant that I would have probably come up with about ten or so videos until the end of 2021. However, I had some problems with my equipment and decided to stop the operation. I'm not sure if I will do something else in the form of a video project talking about my life in Thailand this year or not. Perhaps, I'll make a 6 Years in Thailand video series for next year.

For me, the story feels incomplete. It's not yet finished. I had many other experiences to talk about and much more footage to show. I thought of what I could do to compensate for the unfinished project but I haven't decided on anything yet. The only thing that seems certain is that a 6 Years in Thailand video series is now called for. Had I completed my endeavour to create all the 5 Years videos, I would have felt satisfied enough to not do a 6 Years series. Right now, however, it's a different story. And the story wants to be told.

For now, I won't be uploading Part 3 of the series anytime soon. However, I feel restless when it comes to this part of my life. I want to create and I want to have the right tools to do so. When I make music, I have the right tools. I want to have the right tools when I create videos too. iMovie has failed me one too many times for me to go back to it as if nothing happened. Meanwhile, we had gotten Adobe Premiere Pro on my girlfriend's laptop so that I could make these videos on that. In fact, I made Part 1 on that. However, it was a painstaking process because I quickly found out that her laptop couldn't handle a heavy program like Premiere Pro. Every 15-20 seconds, the video clips would start getting choppy as I edited. It took a lot more time than it should have because of this. In the end, I had to resort to retuning to iMovie for Parts 2 and 3. For Part 2 it worked but it stopped working for Part 3. 

This is indeed the end of my 5 Years in Thailand adventure. And from here there will be a new beginning. That new beginning may not manifest until 2022 but it will appear in some form or another. All the unedited and never-before-seen footage I have demands it. Thank you to everyone who showed support for the 5 Years videos. I hope to upload other things until I start planning out a 6 Years in Thailand video series. And by the way, at this rate, I will definitely be here for long enough to say I lived in Thailand for six years. We're waiting for the covid drama to die down before jumping on a plane to go to Europe. One country was enough to experience all of this madness. I don't need to experience twice the drama.


Click on the image to see the playlist on Youtube.

Comments

Popular Posts