Great Night at Rasta Chill





 This weekend, we had a great party at Rasta Chill Bar. The guesthouse I'm staying at was fully booked and I ended up talking to various people about the party. Everyone had been so receptive to the invitation but I was a bit surprised when every one of them showed up at the event. Even guests that I hadn't had a chance to talk to came too because others had told them. And so there were quite a lot of people considering it's still the low season. The video below was taken before everyone had arrived so it doesn't fully capture that point. Regardless, it was a great night and I enjoyed spinning music. I was 45 minutes into my set when the first group of people came in and so I continued spinning for as long as I could. It was almost two and a half hours when I started signing off. However, I had some problems with my equipment and the music suddenly stopped before I could sign off like I wanted to. 

I've been using a makeshift system with my computer and a bluetooth speaker. We're still in the process of fully integrating our systems together. I mix using Ableton which plays to the room and I preview with Apple Music, previously known as iTunes, on another screen. It's not exactly an ideal setup and I'm saving up to buy some more equipment. Meanwhile, I have vinyl turntables, a Pioneer mixer, and a fully functioning amp system back home. I would love to be able to mix with better-suited DJ tools and it's just a matter of time before I make that happen. I'm even teaching extra time on a Japanese platform in order to allow this into existence.







Another noteworthy story from Saturday night was what happened to DJ Panda. Let's just say she was supposed to play too but something prevented her from doing so. 





First, Pi Ning talked to the DJ about the kind of music she was going to play. And that ended with DJ Panda being told to sit near the DJ booth and get a sense of what Ace Beaming Sun was doing behind the decks.





DJ Panda was very uplifted as she listened to all kinds of reggae and world music that came through the speakers.



However, she ended up getting too drunk and was unable to play.


https://acebeamingsun.blogspot.com/2022/09/photo-swap.html

Comments

Popular Posts