Where is Part 3?

 


Usually, I always post the new installment of the 5 Years series on the 9th of each month. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong with iMovie. Part 3 is done. It's ready to fly. However, every time I went to export the file from iMovie, the program crashed. I must have tried at least a dozen times, including one last time before starting to write this. I want a new program! The funny thing is that Part 1 was made on Adobe Premiere Pro on Ying's notebook but the CPU doesn't have the power to run the program well. It was so slow and hard to manage and so I moved back to iMovie for parts 2 and 3.

I checked online and the common thread connecting the pages about why iMovie crashes came down to a software upgrade. After having restarted the CPU already while trying to figure this out, I decided to upgrade the software. This kind of thing had happened before when a software update was my soul-ution. I was sure this would help solve it. After the update, during which I waited in front of the computer playing chess on my phone to relax, I tried again. It crashed again.

I was pretty frustrated about this yesterday. However, right now I've come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to upload the video on the 9th. The reason that date is so important is because I entered the country on May 9th, 2016. And I want to honour that in my 5 Years series. Number 9 also has great significance in Thai culture. Number 9 is the Big Daddy in Thai numerology. Ying is all about her numbers and I'm sure she has more to say on that. It could easily be a post of its own.

In the meantime, please just enjoy your lives as best as you can. These are hard times. Let's not make them any harder in any way. Everyone could use some help. For example, I could use some help figuring out how to export the video out of iMovie - if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to write to me. However, I was thinking more of other people when I thought of people who need help. People need food donations and shelter around the world. I know sending donations across the world is something most people wouldn't want to do. However, there has got to be people in your neighbourhood, in your community, or in your area who could benefit from something you could give them. These are times that necessitate giving and helping. Let's all do our part. Peace. 

Comments

Popular Posts