Dancing Everyday Jingle

 For the next project in the Music For Wellness course on edX, we had to create a jingle. Jingles are most often associated with commercials but actually they have the potential to serve a much wider set of purposes. In this assignment, our personal jingle was created with the intention of empowering ourselves. I thought about a theme I could work with and finally decided upon one after 10-15 minutes. I wanted to empower my habit of dancing everyday in the morning. Every morning, after writing my dream down and doing my morning pages meditation, I dance before breakfast. If I have to work in the morning that day, I don't dance. Sometimes I come back home from work and dance then but I don't force myself to do it on the two days of the week that I have to be at work in the morning. I like my mornings to be to myself, writing and dancing. I don't usually feel very driven in the mornings so these light meditative activities suit me perfectly. 


This photo was taken on stage during a dance performance in Tübingen, Germany. The year was 2012 and this string of performances and all the preparation that led up to them played a pivotal role in my life. I was intimately linked to dance as a result and always kept dancing in my life even to this day.




Comments

Popular Posts