Orangeering

 I created this track for the Music for Wellness course I'm taking on EdX. Check out their site as they have plenty of interesting courses to choose from. We had to create our own track using some techniques we learned in the course. 

The track's title and theme were inspired by the kumquat percussion. I created a drum rack of percussion sounds using dried kumquats in a plastic container. That led to the orangey title and vocals. I had fun orangeering around with this track. Four different languages are used in the track. Can you guess them?

In Thai, the word for kumquat has the root word 'orange' in it. And so for the longest time I was calling it a Som Jeed (ส้มจี๊ด). It wasn't until I shared the track online that I looked up the English word.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts