Ko Lanta เกาะลันตา

I went to Lanta last week on a last-minute decision. It wasn't at all my plan to go there but a few unexpected turn of events helped me reach the island. It's noteworthy to mention that the unexpected turn of events seemed negative at first but they led me to a beautiful and magnificent island about which I have very positive stories to tell. 

Near my bungalow there was this outdoor club on the corner teeming with tech-house music. It's rare that I hear tech-house here in Thailand and so it caught my attention. I spent about half an hour dancing here while waiting for a CSer to meet up for dinner. 

This is one of the many beautiful beaches of the island. I just stopped by to snap a few photos.

This is one place where the Indian Ocean meets people escaping negativity. 

Pi Num is the owner of Kung Fu bar. I spent my day here, meeting his friends, drinking coconut juice, and dipping in and out of the sea while baking under the hot sun. 

This was my compound of bungalows, called Hut Yee Boat. I really appreciate their hospitality. They treated me to two meals per day without charge. I think that's excellent. 

Majchanu(มัจฉานุ) graces this ferry boat taking us back to mainland. He is the son of Hanuman(หนุมาน) in the Ramakien(รามเกียรติ์). While defending an underground city, whose lord is his spiritual father, he tries to block Hanuman from entering. Never having met his real father, he doesn't realize that Hanuman is his dad. Hanuman becomes suspicious of the young one's strength and upon interrogating him realizes that it is his own son. Hanuman then continues to capture the lord of the underground city, a giant who was supporting the wrongdoings of Tossakan(ทศกันฐ์).

Comments

Popular Posts