G For Gypsie (Aha Ha Mix)

 

G For Gypsie is a track that sounds somewhat close to what a lot of house music sounds like. Usually, I don't try to sound like anything and nor does my music end up sounding like anything definitive. This time, I wasn't trying to sound like house music either but it ended up sounding that way and I liked it. House music was my first ever inspiration to create music. Before house music, I had never had an urge to dabble in music. Nor did I feel such a strong desire in my gut to create something. 

Now that I do create music, I don't try to go for that house music sound. I feel that if I tried to sound like something already out there, I might miss out on the opportunity to sound like something within, something never before heard. So, I start most of my tracks without an idea as to how they're going to develop and what they're going to be. Sometimes I have an idea but I like the creation process a lot more when I simply act as an instrument of creativity. Oppositely, when I try to design a certain kind of sound, it's not as enjoyable, it doesn't often end up as something I can share, and I don't feel the power of the creativity flowing through me as much.

The art video for this track features my girlfriend Ying. It was her idea to draw me some pictures of a gypsie but later we decided to take photos instead. We went out in the morning to take photos one day. The release date was just around the corner and I was just glad to finally go out and take the photos we said we would weeks before. The rice fields of northern Thailand provided a fitting backdrop for our gypsie. All of the locations we took photos are no more than half an hour away from where we live. If we weren't under lockdown restrictions, we could probably find more locations in and around the province. Hopefully, we eventually will. 

 I hope you enjoy the music and the art video. Click here to go to my album on Bandcamp or listen to it in the player below. 



Comments

Popular Posts