Personal Update in Isolation

Dear readers, last time I updated you all on my current situation was when I reported on my moving to a new house in a village. The village is on the outskirts of Hatyai with much less population density. We hadn't predicted that it would be an ideal place to isolate from the rest of the world. Previously I was living in the middle of a busy market. I take the move as a sign from the universe. During our decision-making phase, we considered many different aspects of the move, none of which included the virus. At the time the city wasn't on lockdown and there wasn't a single case here. However, the lockdown kicked into effect about 10 days after our move. We were very blessed and fortunate and I really appreciate this development. Many people weren't as fortunate, especially in other countries. What about you? In what ways were you guided, blessed, or consider yourself fortunate during these times? Feel free to use the comment section to answer. I want to create a positive energy vortex with this post and in the comments.


Stay positive and productive.


Looking at the bright side, the positive side of all of this is absolutely essential. It is a dark time and it is a negative happening in the world today. That's what makes it so necessary to look at it positively. Negative energy can also be used for positivity in this way. Fighting the darkness brings more darkness. It's a matter of opening a window or turning on the lights that dispels darkness. I have been spending my time in isolation being productive. I've been making dance music - working on that signature sound; reading books - I finished The Kybalion which is about the seven Hermetic principles; and studying Thai - my girlfriend has been helping me with that as well.


The new setup: Big thanks to Pi Tak(พี่แต๊ก is given credit in the Palmyra Airport videos 1 and 2 as the cameraman), who gave me a USB cable with a square end, necessary to connect my synthesizer to my laptop. Now it would be nice to have a computer desk to put it all on.


Actually, my girlfriend has been a great help. Her sleep schedule isn't out of balance as mine is and so she is able to take care of the house. She's also baking banana cakes and cookies. She sells them to coffee shops in the area to generate some income. Also she's very active and finds something to do so it's no wonder she's using these times for productivity as well. I appreciate her contributions because it makes this whole confinement easier to handle and more interesting. Also her daughter is here and that makes things interesting as well.


These banana cupcakes with raisins are ready to hit the market and help hungry self-isolators.


As for Couchsurfing, there has been no activity whatsoever. Upon moving to this new house, we gave ourselves about a month before we would be ready to hosts CSers again. That month is up but our doors remain closed. I am taking every precaution to avoid the public and keeping my couch closed is one measure. Music is our spiritual guide through life and it demanded that I stay put indoors. Ain't no need to ask why.

Another way I stay positive is by limiting my information diet. This is something that everybody does to some level. We have certain attractions and repulsions and we avoid the latter to create more time for what we are more interested in. During this time, I avoid all fear-based information about the virus. If it's fear-based it's not helping. A lot of news outlets are reporting on the virus full-time. Headlines are full of it. I limit my consumption of such media as well. Yesterday I didn't watch any videos about it and today I only watched two, not exceeding 8 minutes in total. I don't find it helps to stay super updated on what's happening in the world and the case count from every country. So the question becomes what does help?


I haven't shaved all this time because my girlfriend insist I keep it like this. She likes it but it's getting hot so I'm probably going to shave soon.


Meditating and getting closer to your source at this time helps. Using the time we have productively helps. Doing a life review helps. Staying positive helps. Questioning aspects of your life helps. Reading books, watching movies, and playing games all help. What about you? What do you do to help your situation? Again, I want to create a vortex of positivity with your co-creative input as well.


Cocoa and cupcakes help.

Comments

  1. Hello Egemen,
    Nice write-up.
    I grew some beard too. How do you attach picture here?
    I keep myself occupied and positive. My lucky blessing is that I live in Canada and our Government is determined to keep us alive and financially capable.
    Kudos to Ying. That’s amazing how you two know how not only to survive but also enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment baba. You may have to send me the picture in a PM as I'm not sure myself whether it's possible or not to do so in the comments.

      Many people have been unhappy and complaining about their governments all around the world for some time. And they now use the current events to rail against the various governments some more. So it's refreshing to hear your positive view on the government of Canada. Thanks for having a positive outlook.

      I hope you discover some new ways of enjoying life during these times as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts