Last Year this Month in Photos

 I love the power of spontaneity in the present moment. Just stop and smell the flowers. I was walking to work one morning when I passed by this store I always pass and saw this cat with two wooden carvings of lions on the table. The very sight stopped me in my tracks and slowly I took out my camera phone. I started snapping away while inching closer to the three little lions. Listen, and you can hear them roar.


Massimiliano was a couchsurfer from Sicily who appears in two dance videos(one and two) with me. We had visited a temple here in Hatyai and his colours match those of the temple.

This photo was taken in Songkla's old town when a group of Malaysian tourists asked to take photos with us. I like taking these opportunities to ask for a photo with my own phone as well. What's even greater is when a true connection is made. The request to take photos together turns into an opportunity for connection, conversation, and friendship. Massi was actually going to be going to Malaysia after his stay in Hatyai and these travellers offered to take him along.


Comments

Popular Posts