Ao Leuk อ่าวลึก

I was thinking about making another photo post with photos taken in October from two years ago. I have a lot of unposted photos since having quit social media. I still have a Facebook account but I don't use it(I use Messenger). And I appreciate all the free time I have as a result of it. On the other hand, where do I post all of the beautiful photos I've been taking? Well that's when the "Last Year this Month in Photos" series on my blog comes into play. So instead of calling this post "Two Years ago This Month" let's just name it after the beautiful bay in the north of Krabi that doesn't see the face of much international tourism - just some. Ao Leuk is a natural paradise with two caves only accessible by water. 

This was actually the first time I went there(later I would end up revisiting the place with my dad and sister). I was with Elina, an English teacher from Russia who had just moved to Hatyai with her friend Veronika. The two had reached out to me for help adjusting to the new climate. I helped them in anyway that I could including telling them about their new job. They would be starting work in a big government high school and I knew about that life from before. I didn't have many good things to say about it, though I told them some very useful and true information. 

The caves are accessible by rafts like this one which are rented out by various companies.

We didn't want to go with a guide which meant we had a lot of freedom to explore. 

Thanks to that freedom and good timing, we found this temporary beach.

The beach may not have been there a few hours ago with a higher tide.

Ao Leuk is in the same part of Thailand as Ao Panggna. The word Ao means bay. It's such a beautiful and breathtaking part of the world.

Elina and I were easy friends.

As you can see from the bottom of that rock formation that the tide rises and the beach disappears.

Elina actually had a boyfriend which meant I had to be good ;). But that didn't stop us from taking some great photos.



Comments

Popular Posts