New Release: Ace Beaming Sun - Just Doin' Yor Theng

Today saw the release of Just Doin' Yor Theng on Crystal Vortex Records. The label belongs to Chris Haas , whom I met back in Windsor thanks to Cam. Camcussion and I had a collaboration project, Come Fly With Us, that was released on his label. However, Just Doin' Yor Theng is a premium release unlike Come Fly With Us, which is a free release. Just Doin' Yor Theng is the second premium release of CVR meaning there is a price tag on it. It's actually my first release with a price.

 

When I first made the track Yor Theng, I considered it to be completely experimental. It was one of the few times I put vocals on the track and the vocals were quite different than anything else I had heard. I didn't really think about releasing it. But recently when Chris asked for submissions for a premium release, Yor Theng emerged. I shared it with him along with 7 other tracks. I think Yor Theng struck a chord with him. He said it reminded him of early days of raving and just doing your own thing on the dancefloor. 

The tracks What Do You Do and Enjoy the Progression are both minimalistic. I use the word minimalistic and not minimal so that you don't think I'm talking about a genre. I'm talking about the touch and feel of the tracks. This is dance music and for people who aren't used to listening to dance music, it may all seem simplistic. And that's what dancers look for on a dancefloor. However, the two tracks mentioned in this paragraph keep it very simple. It works for me because I like to dance. But test it out for yourself.

Decisive Singularity is a track that has more elements to it than the previous two tracks I mentioned. There is a level of depth to it that seeks to take you higher while keeping you grounded with the bass. This track was used in a video taken by an Argentinian couchsurfer, David Busseti

The other tracks all do their own thing and I would love it if they collided with you doing your own thing as well. I look forward to see where we will go from here. And I want to hear your feedback about the music. I totally welcome that. Thanks for listening.



Comments

Popular Posts