Party At La Rambla, Bari


On Saturday, I organized an event at La Rambla, a little bar by the waterfront in Bari. I DJed for about 4.5 hours and had a lot of fun. Within the first half hour, I sensed that the place hadn't had a proper party or a proper DJ in a long time. The music totally changed the mood and the atmosphere. I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't had a party like this since before the pandemic. At one point, one of the guys behind the bar said "You know it's good music when even the old people are dancing." Some older people that I was talking to when I first got there were moving and shaking it throughout the party. Big thanks to all my friends from work for coming out!




The Saturday before on the 2nd of March, we had a little house party which was fun too. Actually, there was supposed to be an event at a place we can call La Taverna di Sleepy but the owner pushed it back til Sunday and that's why we had the house party. And then the event at Sleepy didn't happen Sunday either. The owner said we'd do it the following week. Yesterday when I got to the bar, I found out that it was supposed to be a private event for a bunch of teenagers and that my friends couldn't come.

The teenagers didn't want to hear the kind of music I was playing - which was slower electronica before moving along to some house. After about 45 minutes, they started making a lot of requests. Finally, I told them that I could just stop playing so that they could put whatever they wanted on YouTube. They quickly agreed but when they found out that I wasn't going to stand there playing songs for them on YouTube, they started saying things like "We paid for this!" 

I tried to explain to them that they didn't need me to put songs on for them and that they could do it themselves but they seemed to have a hard time accepting that. Finally, they reluctantly agreed to let me play my house music. Claudia and I set everything back up and after about 10 minutes, they were coming back to me with requests that I couldn't play due to not having the tracks they wanted. Again, I told them that I could simply stop and they could put on whatever they wanted to on YouTube. And once again, they jumped on the chance to do so. This time, we quickly left. It was such a relief.

This is from the house party on the 2nd of March.

Thank you to Carol and Claudia for the photos and videos.

Comments

Popular Posts