First Gig in Iskenderun


Last Friday, I played at a local cafe called On The Move in Karaağaç, a district of Hatay. It was actually just a trial to see how it'd go. Plus, the owner Ibrahim wanted to hear me play before we started thinking about organizing more events. The electricity was out for the first hour and then once it came back, the amplifier and speakers of the venue didn't work. 

I started to play on my own Bluetooth speaker which was just enough to be heard but not exactly enough to be felt in the venue. After about an hour and a half of the staff trying to revive the system, someone else showed up and fixed the problem. I switched to the venue's system and everything seemed to settle after that. Tomorrow, is our first official non-trial gig at the same venue.


This post reminds me of all of the photos of me DJing on Ko Lanta, Krabi in Thailand. At the time, I was advised not to publish or share any of those photos. However, now that I'm no longer worried about Thai Immigration, I can post those images.

And, my pace with the blog has been quite slow recently. In fact, I have a lot of unshared photos from Ko Lanta and Türkiye too. And I feel that some of those photos should be published. It's my intention to get those out there as soon as possible.







 

Comments

Popular Posts