5 Hours On The Move


The little party at On The Move last night went well from a musical perspective. I had been asked to play what I recognize as being this new type of house-influenced techno music. On Beatport, it goes under the genre "Melodic House & Techno." It's not like classic house and it's definitely not like classic techno - I would say most tracks lean towards house. On top of that, there were some actual techno tunes too, or at least what I'd say is a modern version of classic techno. Check out the first video below for a good example of this kind of modern techno. See if you can ID the track and let me know.

More importantly, the "techno" created a great resonance field in the venue, especially since the venue owner and staff are used to hearing that kind of music in their cafe. I was happy to spin for 5 hours straight on my 5th gig since coming to Türkiye. Obviously, I haven't been very active as a DJ since I came, which was quite different from the past year on Ko Lanta. However, this might change as Ibrahim and I are talking about having regular DJ performances at the cafe. 










 

Comments

Popular Posts