Big Bang DJ

 


Yesterday, I DJed at Big Bang Bar for the first time. It was a great party! Alex from Berlin, who was staying at the guesthouse, took all the wonderful and colourful photos on this page. I had told him that I'd be DJing at Rasta Chill on Saturday night but Pi Ning couldn't open the bar due to all the work at new location. And so, Ning suggested I DJ at Bang's bar, whom I'd met last month at Rasta Chill.

I ended up spinning for about four hours and the party ended at some point before 1am. Everybody had a blast and Bang got us all drunk. I loved people's reactions and responses to the music. Apart from seeing people dancing and moving their bodies to the rhythm, it's also great when people come and ask about the music. Some Brazilian hip-hop and Son cubano were put under the spotlight that way and so was Rui Da Silva's Touch Me, a dancefloor classic from 2002. 

Bang and I are thinking about a day of the week I can come and spin on the regular. It's probably going to be Sunday. Let's see how this develops. For me, it's wonderful to be mixing dance music again after many years. The last time I was DJing with dance records was in the first half of the 2010s. I had weekly dance music and world music programs on the air at our university's community radio. I DJed at my friends' parties at that time as well. For much of the time been in Thailand, I wasn't DJing at all. I'd experimented with DJing rock music at a bar in Hatyai and at a party or two with friends. And I remember DJing for kids at a school party at one of the English camps in Pattalung. Cheers to Big Bang Beginnings!









Comments

Popular Posts