Jupiter Saturn Venus Alignment

I had started writing this post on November 20. However, some of my uncertainties about publishing such ideas held me back from hitting the post button. It is the end of the year and I think it's better to just publish this and not look back. I also want to talk about the changing night sky and a few more constellations I've spotted.

The night sky has totally changed from when we first arrived here. Upon arrival, Orion, Taurus, and the Pleiades weren't in sight. After a few months spent here, they started appearing behind the house and I had to walk over to the far side of the deck just to be able to see part of these star teams. Over the weeks and months after my initial observation, this part of the night sky became more and more visible until I could fully and easily see all of them. In the last two months, I could see Orion, Taurus, and the Pleiades almost straight up in the sky and still hanging to the back of our house. It would have to be well past midnight for me to see them at almost exactly straight up in the sky. These days, things have changed. After 11pm, I can see Orion and the gang leaning towards the front of the house up in the night sky. It's quite easy to see them and I don't have to bend my neck in all kinds of uncomfortable positions to be able to do so. Nor do I have to walk over to the far side of the deck.

Also for the last couple of weeks, the moon has been expanding towards a full moon. Ever since it was at around a half moon, the sky got very bright. All the stars appeared as light dots in the evening blue sky. This is what stars looked like from Windsor and the area. In fact, it's what stars looked like back in Hatyai too. The only difference is that there are still more visible stars from up here than Windsor or Hatyai. These days, the full moon has passed and it's probably somewhere around a half moon. I just haven't seen it very recently. I think the sky will be ripe for observation starting around NYE and it'll probably stay that way until we pack up and return to Hatyai. 

In the last two months, I've also seen some new constellations, star teams as they're literally called in Turkish. I saw Pisces and sadly Pisces is dimmer than most constellations. It wraps itself around Pegasus like a maki roll. Apart from seeing fish sushi, I've also seen Auriga which has been comfortably at the side of the house, thereby seen quite easily on most nights. And ever since Orion rose higher in the sky, Lepus rose up right behind it, following it like the cute little bunny that it is. 

I had become very accustomed to seeing Cassiopeia, Andromeda, Perseus, Pegasus, and sometimes Cepheus all creating one massive team of constellations to the side of the house. They are now receding behind the tree line and making the way for Orion and the gang. These will be among my last impressions of a beautiful and natural night sky. Eventually, we will return to the brightly lit south and the light pollution will be too much to let us see more than a star here and a star there.

I've posted below the three new constellations that I spotted since my last post about the night sky. The rest of this post will be what I wrote in November about the massive alignment Jupiter, Saturn, and Venus have been making in the sky for about the past two months. I haven't checked online for other information regarding when they stop making the alignment because that kind of information would deter my motivations to stay present with the planetary alignment. I enjoy witnessing it live, not thinking about it in a mental way and trying to make conclusions. No conclusions need to be made. That kind of mental knowledge can really get in the way of truly being present with the cosmos at night. 

Auriga the Charioteer

Lepus the Hare

Pisces the Fish



Right now, these three massive spheres sit comfortably above the horizon. You can think of them as forming a clock. Saturn marks the centre while Venus and Jupiter travel the cosmos like two hands of a clock.


Jupiter is the one above and Venus is the one below.

Unfortunately, Saturn wasn't visible to the lens of my camera phone.



Our planet too is on a timeline. The Mother ship is a big part of the reason why we're navigating this corner of the Cosmos . We're on an expedition hand-in-hand and strewn together with the Sun, moon, our planets, and stars. All in together, we occupy the present moment. We are one in divine creation. The weave of stars and leylines have been known to mankind for millennia. Why is it that people in the modern age have forgotten the night sky? 

Light pollution is easily one reason why. Another reason is that humans have shifted to a left-hemisphere-leaning mode of being. Why look up at the stars when a world of information is in the palm of your hands? One answer to that question is that a universe of information is available when looking up at the stars. 

The world would benefit from eliminating light pollution. Having sophisticated censor technology on lights wouldn't be a far reach of the imagination. However not enough people are actually thinking of natural innovations. Considering there are billions constantly being poured into defence spending, the Smartlamp idea shouldn't be too much more challenging than finding new ways of killing people. When will we see a world that doesn't create technology to dominate everything around it but creates technology to unify the playing field?

Constantly spending money on military and leading global dialogues following arms investments are just some indicators of a left-hemisphere-leaning mentality. No mentality is worth it if it means you lose your vision to the system's blinding lights. There's no point in wasting time to try to relay this message to those illusioned enough to think they rule the world. They haven't even seen the world.

However, don't let that bother you since the way to turn off the blinding lights is through the vision within. Ask yourself why you would give away your freedom, your vision, and your power to these whimsical people? Now is the time to rise up. I'm not talking about protesting and rioting. I'm talking about rising up in Spirit. I'm talking about action-non-action. 


Comments

Popular Posts